November 19, 2011

Saturday - Keeping the Gain in Check

I gained this week.  I didn't eat as well as I could, but I did stay in my points so I should have lost.  I am blaming it on the extra blood my body is making...  Not sure if it is yet... but it makes me feel better. lol  The OB nurse said she doesn't want me gaining anymore than 5lbs in the first trimester.  She also said, at my weight, it is okay for me not to gain or even lose weight.  This week's gain sucked but it just means I need to watch my fatty and salty food choices more carefully and exercise everyday!  I'm taking this weight gain as negative motivation to get my butt in gear and be more healthy for this baby and, more importantly, for myself.

My new weight gain goals:
End of December (10 weeks) - Lose 10lbs to get under 200lbs
End of January (14 weeks) - Maintain weight at 199lbs or less
February-April (second trimester) - Gain 5-10lbs for a max of 210lbs
May-July (third trimester) - Gain another 5-10lbs for a max of 220lbs

*This is just a guide to keep my weight gain in check and not a strict "diet".  Obese moms are instructed to gain 0-15lbs during their entire pregnancy, most in the last trimester.  It is even fine for them to maintain or lose weight during the pregnancy as they lose fat and gain baby weight.  Lots of obese mom-to-bes find they lose weight as they begin to eat healthily and exercise daily.  That's what I hope happens with me during this pregnancy.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment